Saturday, March 5, 2011

Hittin the Slopes

Like most people I know from Eastern MT...I didn't ski until I was probably 12-13 yrs old. Now raising my kids in Bozeman, at 4 yrs old apparently Ben is behind schedule. :) I was a little nervous thinking of my wild child going 100 miles an hr down the slopes or dangling from a chair lift, but we grabbed our coffee & hot chocolate and headed up to Bridger (daycare provider Lisa was kind enough to offer to hang out with little bud for the day).

We put Ben in the play school/ski lesson for half day so after we all got fitted with our boots & skis, Ben got to meet some new buddies and hangout in the play room while Nick & I got to meet up with Kyle & Laurel and Ryan & Ashli and hit the slopes. Later in the morning the instructors bundled him up and took the group outside for a ski lesson...we were able to stop back by and watch as they learned how to get around 1st in their boots then on their skis. Ben was a little disappointed they didn't turn him loose with poles as well, but I think they had their hands full as it was. :) They had a long rubber mat that they all walked up on (my fears of chair lifts are subsided for now)...and then they got to let loose down the little slope. He did pretty good...made it down a few times without falling. At one point Nick did hear him ask the instructor, "how much longer do we have to do this?"...not sure if that means he was over it or ready to tackle the mountain?!

Nick & I don't even get out skiing as much as we would like so we look forward to years ahead of making it a little more routine with the kiddos...I"m sure they'll be flying past their mom in no time!

(Video to come!)


The look of excitement?


It was dumping on us!


Lunch break with Kyle & Laurel.



The group...Ryan & Ashli Staiger were up from Glendive.



About half a mile off the mountain. :)



Didn't quite make it through the hoop...but made it down without falling! :)