Sunday, September 30, 2012

OC & Kiddos

My good friend Kara came to town for the weekend with her kiddos.  We don't see each other nearly often enough, but always have a great time catching up!

We met up for dinner & drinks one night downtown.  It was so fun to catch up...one of my dearest friends and I miss hanging with her!

Misty came out with us too. 


The next day we took all the kids to the pumpkin patch out at Rocky Creek Farms. 
Ben, Aislinn pushing Conn, Zach, Autumn & April

This farm leaves a little to be desired, but it's still fun to go out there and the kids love it.  Here they're trying to 'pet' the chickens.




 I always love when my kids get to hang out and have fun with my friends' kids.

Loaded up on the hayride out to the pumpkin patch. 

Ben & April...fast friends. 

Ben got to help drive the tractor for a bit along the ride.

We got out pretty early this year...and obviously caught a gorgeous day.  I told the boys they could pick out little pumpkins to paint.



The corn 'maze' (I use the word pretty loosely)...I felt like we were just walking through a trampled field, but Aislinn did manage to lead us out to the other side. 


And this is what a day of fun in the sun will do to you...



They were refreshed and ready to paint pumpkins when they woke up.



 Zach's was more of the abstract art.


 Ben called his 'warrior pumpkin'